Tuesday, June 9, 2009

this one's for my dad

i recently got admonished by my dad for not updating this blog enough. apparantly he was sick of reading about my economics class over and over again. its true... i have been post-less since ~ GASP ~ april! to all my avid readers, all three of you, i sincerely apologize.

a few things have happened since the last time i wrote anything here that are actually worthy of mention. the first, and biggest, is that i moved out from my lovely parents' house and into an apartment with my friend caroline, who i lived with for pretty much all four years at northwestern. that, while super fun and exciting, has left me pretty gosh-darn broke. so no starbucks for a while... sigh...

another noteworthy event was the brief visit by my uncle and grandma. they came for a weekend, and they got to meet granger (and granger got to meet them), which was awesome. less awesome was the fact that my lovely boyfriend did not come to my rescue when my uncle, in his usual dreaded style, attacked my neck with kisses. it makes me want to cover my neck just thinking about it!

my dad also turned 61 last week and we were all treated to a surprise birthday visit from lindsay and jack, who recently turned 3. it was great to see both of them, especially because i also got to meet my future niece (who is due in october).

otherwise, life continues on in fairly regular fashion... i am starting to think seriously about starting to apply to some grad schools. so far, my list contains AU, GW, Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, GMU, Montgomery Institute of International Studies (which may lose out merely because of the length of its name - i already went to one long-named school!), and the University for Peace in Costa Rica. Tufts in boston is another consideration. i'll update you on how all this goes, though...

my family (and granger *fingers crossed*) and i are going to mexico in a week and a half. i probably don't have to mention that I AM REALLY FRIGGIN EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!! if you know me, you probably already knew that. this weekend granger and i are going to the outer banks in north carolina for a few days. and a few weeks after mexico i am headed out to anchorage to visit eric and beth! phew! busy busy!

1 comment:

  1. You have three readers? I'm jealous!!!

    P.S. My followers are Brigit Moore, and Brigit, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete