Thursday, January 6, 2011

super awesome surprise trip to detroit

so on sunday this week, i was making plans with friends for the coming weekend. on monday evening, my dad called and asked if i wanted to go to detroit with them this weekend to hang out with eric and beth and meet the whole wilson gang. half way through a bottle of champagne and totally overwhelmed by the thought of having to figure out flights and work last minute, i declined. on tuesday, however, beth IMed me and convinced me that not only was it feasible, it wouldn't be that hard to plan at all! also, with my newly improved, post champagne thinking abilities, i realized how long it'd been since i'd seen the two of them and how awesome a weekend with family would be. an added bonus was that i'd get to be there as beth tried on wedding dresses. sweet!!! so i confirmed with my boss that i could miss some work, confirmed with my mom their flight info, and bought my tickets! and then on wednesday i canceled my previously-made weekend plans (my friends all forgave me!). today, i get to look forward to an awesome weekend!!! woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment