Wednesday, January 11, 2012

start of 2012 = bookworm + clutter-be-gone

so now that i'm done with grad school, i have *a lot* more free time. despite the extravaganza of granger's homecoming/christmas/new years/going back to full time at work that has kept me fairly busy since i turned in my final draft of my SRP (which, in case you're interested, happened at 3:07pm on wednesday, december 21st), i have managed to find some free time to start something i've needed to do for a while (organizing/throwing away/recycling/donating stuff i don't need/use anymore) and to take up something i've missed dearly (reading for FUN). last saturday, i started The Purge, as i'll call it, and so far have made relatively good progress. you wouldn't immediately notice a difference looking at my room, but the amount that i have already gone through suggests otherwise. laugh at me if you want, but it feels so good to declutter!!!

and as for reading, i'm about to finish my third book of the year. granted, i'm not reading any high-brow literature (the 'hunger games' trilogy, if you know it), but it is just so nice to be able to get comfy and lose myself in a book! it helps, too, that i have a kindle (thanks for the awesome christmas gift, mom and dad!) which means thousands of books are at my fingertips.

so basically, besides the obvious awesomeness of having granger home safe and sound and being done with school, i'm really glad to be reading and decluttering my life. the latter part will also be good the next time i move, since i feel like i have just been hauling a bunch of junk around with me every time i move...

also awesome, in case i haven't mentioned it, GRANGER AND I ARE GOING TO TURKS AND CAICOS ON SATURDAY!!!!! yup, super excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment