Sunday, April 10, 2011

WARNING: post-surgery knee pictures

i thought that perhaps my doctor was going to be able to go in through my old scars, but instead, i have three new X-shaped scars just below my kneecap (you're just going to have to trust me on that, since my kneecap is mostly MIA in the first picture...) and another small hole above the kneecap on the left (waaaay on the right side of this picture).

also note the arrow pointing to the correct knee. my doctor did that just before i was taken to the OR. personally, i would have been fine if he'd drawn 50 arrows pointing to that knee!!!!

this picture is from yesterday (April 9):


poor knee!! it looks like it's bent, but only because it's so swollen. it was actually pretty straight when i took this picture.

this one's from today (April 10):


look! the kneecap reappears!!! the swelling has gone down, and you can see the arrow more clearly in this picture. oh, and i've got bandaids over the wounds, so you don't have to look at those again... you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment